Oxford Students Sustainability Network is a scheme offering action and engagement opportunities, support for students interested in taking their own initiative, training and networking.
The University of Oxford is committed to reaching net zero carbon and biodiversity net gain by 2035. To reach these ambitious targets, we need everyone on board.
Environmental sustainability begins with action. With over 24,000 students in the university, our daily behaviours make a big difference to the environment. The scheme is open to all students and facilitates all actions, big and small, from engaging with existing campaigns in Oxford, to setting up your own projects.
What to expect
- Take action on the environment over themed action weeks
- Initiate your own environmental sustainability project and receive training and support from our team
- Join the national Student Switch Off campaign with fun challenges and friendly competition
- Access environmental sustainability networking and training opportunities
- Meet like-minded students passionate about environmental sustainability issues
- Gain transferrable experience for motivating change
SIGN UP HERE
Term Card: What's coming up?
Michaelmas Term 2022
- Registration and first meetings (launch and lunch)
- SU Planet Pledge: take one action to reduce your environmental footprint, from cycling to taking shorter showers.
- Call for student-led projects
- Training for project leads, Green Impact project assistants and local leaders.
- Learn about environmental sustainability issues in Oxford.
- Green Oxmas Campaign.
Hilary Term 2022
- Student project launches
- Green Action week
- Fairtrade and conscious consumption campaign
- Energy and Carbon awareness
Trinity Term 2023
- “The Good Gardener” - biodiversity action
- Sustainability audit training and experience
- Waste reduction campaign
- Vice Chancellor Environmental Sustainability Awards ceremony
- Sustainable Photographer of the Year Competition