The University of Oxford held the eighth awards ceremony for environmental sustainability, hosted by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Irene Tracey.
We welcomed approximately 120 staff and students into the Bodleian Libraries, Divinity School, to celebrate the contributions of the University community towards our strategic environmental goals of net zero carbon and biodiversity net gain by 2035.
Vice-Chancellor Professor Irene Tracey presented the awards, along with colleagues from across the University. As well as celebrating individual and project winners, 180 teams in labs, colleges and departments were awarded for improving environmental sustainability in the Engagement Awards category and received accreditation in the national Green Impact scheme and the Laboratory Efficiency Assessment Framework (LEAF).
We are grateful to the University community for their ongoing dedication to environmental sustainability and are pleased to announce the recipients of the following awards:
Environmental Sustainability Project Awards
- Christ Church Floodplain Meadow Restoration
- Nature Positive Universities
Environmental Sustainability Staff Awards
- Dr Saroj Saurya, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
- Dr Tanya Baldwin
- Osney One Green Impact Team
Environmental Sustainability Students Awards
- Taras Bains and Jamie Walker, Oxford University Nature Conservation Society
- Emmy Powell and Yasmin Jordan, Co-Presidents of the Oxford Sustainable Business and Entrepreneurship Society (OSBE)
Sustainable Laboratory Champion Award
- The Department of Chemistry
Read the award brochure to learn more about the award winners and nominees and the full list of Green Impact and LEAF teams, as well as the winning photographs from the Sustainability Photographer of the Year competition.